Saturday, July 4, 2009

....On Trust

Your spouse. Your children. Your doctor. Your attorney. These are all people that you have to trust. I could go on; your insurance agent, your car repair shop, your babysitter.

Definition : Trust means being able to predict what other people will do and what situations will occur after. If we can surround ourselves with people we trust, then we can create a safe present and an even better future.
Trust is both and emotional and logical act. Emotionally, it is where you expose your vulnerabilities to people, but believing they will not take advantage of your openness.

We feel trust. Emotions associated with trust include companionship, friendship, love, agreement, relaxation, and comfort.

Logically, it is where you have assessed the probabilities of gain and loss, and have concluded that the person in question, will behave in a certain predictable manner. In practice, trust is a bit of both. I trust you because I have experienced your trustworthiness and because I have faith in human nature.

I have had some issues with trust.....I've seen family members betray other family members, and that gets ugly. I only trust those who are closest to me, and I can count those people on one hand. I think for me, that is safest-some might agree with me too!

I follow William Shakespeare's quote "Love all, trust a few."

You must train your intuition -- you must trust the small voice inside you which tells you exactly what to say, what to decide. I was talking to a friend the other day, that I trust and I know she trusts me ;). She was going thru something that I really won't get into because she TRUSTS that I will not disclose certain conversations with others LOL!!!...anyway, this is exactly what I told her-- go with what you feel in your gut. Intuition is usually the right choice, and if you have a glimmer of doubt.....well, you know that it is not trustworthy.

So learn about trust, how it works and how to build it. If you do it well, other people will give you the earth. If you betray them, they will hunt you to the ends of the earth. It goes without saying that you and I will do the same.....you betray me, you will be written off!!!! SEE YA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment