Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Getting Fit Again

For those of you who know me well, know that I was once very fit and active on a day to day basis. Well....unfortunately that all got tossed out the window several years ago. I don't know why, when, or how it happened....but, it did.


I have a sister that is very into fitness, I also have a very close friend who lives at the gym, we will call her the Fitness Guru. My sister was always pushing me to get back to the gym, but at this point I felt like I needed more than the "you have to go to the gym and work out" speech. I know she meant well...and I always heard her voice in the back of my mind....go back, go back to the gym, you dumb dumb!! She was like the little green martian on the Flinstones (remember him?) The Great Gazoo!!!! That was his name!!!

So we have the Great Gazoo and the Guru, great! I had gotten to the point mentally to get myself back into the swing of things and then it happened...

The Guru calls me one day and says a friend of hers had told her about this guy that does boot camp, and she was thinking about doing it. Mind you Guru is getting married in about a month. So I was like, OK great, she's off on another freakish fitness fit so just I just listened. Well, the words came out of her mouth in her cheery little voice, "Do you want to go with me?" In my mind, I was like, is she bleeping kidding me?? So I just said I wasn't sure, asked about prices and we left it at that.

To make a long story short, a few days went by and we spoke about it again in passing, and a week later, I was signed up and actually attending BOOT CAMP!!!! From NOTHING to BLEEPING BOOT CAMP!!!

I needed to throw myself in full force and I did!! Many people thought I was nuts. Ummm...I thought I was going crazy too, when I actually said I would do it, but just for a second. Other people were like a cheering squad saying things like "Oh my God! I work out all the time and I would never think to do it, but that is so great, keep it up!" So I have been going to boot camp from the first week of April and have now, very proudly, completed the 16 sessions.

I just wanted thank everyone who supported me, Gazoo, Guru, and especially my husband; without his help and support I would not have even been able to get to the classes. He would be home extra early from work on Monday evenings, so that I could get to my class.

I have become stronger mentally and physically, and I am now on the path to getting back to where I once was.

No comments:

Post a Comment